Support Forum

Archiv:

Front Panel Designer category

The center point of the scale is offset upwards. Could use advice in setting it right.

Posted By: Randy Humbert on Jul 21, 2010 05:54PM

Hello Randy,

When you generate the scale, the "Length" box determines the diameter of the inner circle from which the scale marks emanate. The overall object size then is dependent on not only that angle, but also the lengths of the segment marks, and which segment marks are at the largest extremes. As the segment marks have two available lengths the actual "size" that the scale becomes in Front Panel Designer is a fairly complicated size to calculate.

Given all of that information, I would make a temporary hole with the diameter of the length specified for the scale.

Place that hole over the hole where the scale will go. (Align/distribute makes this easier)

Be sure your grid is turned off, then drag the scale over that hole until the indexing marks line up so that they are all perpendicular to the temporary hole.

Delete the temporary hole, then group the original hole and the scale to keep them together.

I started to whip out a fancy formula for calculating the vertical displacement from the scale center, but it quickly became overly cumbersome.

-Paul

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Jul 21, 2010 11:02PM

SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

The issue of this problem lays in use of 7Zip program (or similar programs) that has an ANNOYING "helping" function in renaming files with the extention ".jar" to ".zip" .

Sollution! -> RENAME THE “Jaskala_english.ZIP” TO “ jaskala_english.JAR” (Used large letters only to ease the viewing of the matter. :wink: )

The other issue with "CANT FIND ANY PLT FILE!" is because YOU have to add the ".PLT" at the end of your file so that FrontPanelExpress will be able to se it. Either do this inside Scale Generator when naming your file or do it manualy in by marking the file, press F2 and place the cursor at the end of the filename and add .plt to it.

Happy Scaling!

/C.Bigstone

Posted By: Charles Bigstone on Aug 20, 2010 03:39PM

SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

The issue of this problem lays in use of 7Zip program (or similar programs) that has an ANNOYING "helping" function in renaming files with the extention ".jar" to ".zip" .

Sollution! -> RENAME THE “Jaskala_english.ZIP” TO “ jaskala_english.JAR” (Used large letters only to ease the viewing of the matter. :wink: )

The other issue with "CANT FIND ANY PLT FILE!" is because YOU have to add the ".PLT" at the end of your file so that FrontPanelExpress will be able to se it. Either do this inside Scale Generator when naming your file or do it manualy in by marking the file, press F2 and place the cursor at the end of the filename and add .plt to it.

Happy Scaling!

/C.Bigstone

I want to add a little more information to this thought. A lot of customers still have this problem and I blame it mostly on Microsoft Internet Explorer! IE is trying to protect you by renaming .jar file as a .zip file. You can turn this feature off by:

1. In the upper-right corner of IE8, click on Tools to open the drop down menu;

2. At the bottom of the Tools menu, click Internet Options;

3. In the Internet Options dialog box, select the Security tab;

4. On the Security tab, select the Internet zone, then click the Custom Level button;

5. Scroll about 2/3 down the list to the option "Open file based on content, not file extension" and change the setting to Disable;

6. Click OK;

7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the Local Intranet zone and Trusted Sites zone;

I'm sure it's very similar for IE9 that went live just recently. Another suggestion would be to use a different browser.

I hope this helps!

Posted By: P Neumann on Jun 02, 2011 09:02PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+