Support Forum

Archiv:

Production category

• Suggestions for polishing raw aluminum

I've so far only worked with anodized aluminum, and I'm wondering if anybody's had luck in getting a nice polished shine from the raw aluminum.

I was thinking of getting a bottle of Mother's Aluminum Polish, but the panels themself won't be cheap, so I'd rather not experiment.

I've read that only some types of aluminum alloys polish well.

Another concern after polishing is keeping the polished shine. I'm guessing something like everbrite, carnauba or some other clear wax, polyurethane clear coat, etc..

Does anybody have suggestions?

Thanks

~James

Posted By: James Lee on Nov 18, 2008 02:04PM Category: Production

• Machining on edges / perpendicular faces

In the thread titled "Beveled edges" it was revealed that a part can be machined on its edge if the material is thick enough. What are the constraints to this?

For example, can I machine a M2 hole in 4mm material? What position tolerance is there between features machined on the front and features machined on the edge?

Also, is it possible to machine on the perpendicular faces of right-angle aluminum? I have a section of aluminum which appears similar to this:

The sides are 25.4mm wide and 3.2mm thick. Is it possible to machine on the two outside faces of this material? How about the inside faces?

Thanks!

Posted By: Alex Hay on Nov 09, 2008 08:43PM Category: Production

• Bending

Is it possible for a small panel to be bent so that I could order end panels for a small enclosure that provide a right angle mounting tab?

Posted By: Michael Evinger on Jun 12, 2008 08:04PM Category: Production

• test entry

test entry

Posted By: Oliver Penz on Feb 25, 2008 05:15PM Category: Production

• Test-Entry

This is a Test-Entry for administrating.

Posted By: Oliver Penz on Feb 20, 2008 11:07AM Category: Production

• Font Size

I am a first time user of your service and software, so far so good. I do have one question “What is the smallest legible font character that can be engraved?” Could you please provide me with the following selection information to engrave this font?

1) Font Selection

2) Tool Selection

3) Text Height

4) X-Scaling

5) Line Spacing

Thank you for your time, Roy Dieterich

Posted By: Roy Dieterich on Feb 15, 2008 12:38AM Category: Production

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+