Support Forum

Archiv:

• Sharing Macro Library

I am able to place a custom library on our server and everyone now has access to drag macro objects from there. The problem I am having is that I am the only person that can add additional macro objects to the library. I am pretty certain this isn't a Windows permission issue, it looks to be a FPD issue. Is there any way to allow other users to create macros in the custom library?

Posted By: Bob Mueller on Feb 08, 2018 09:37PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hi,

when adding a macro file to the loaded macro files in FPD, you are asked whether to open it in read-only mode. If you do so, you're not able to create macros in the custom library (see attached screenshot)

In order to change this, you have to remove the custom library from the list, and re-add the file without read-only. (Edit -> Settings -> Interface Tab -> Macro Files ...)

But note: We haven't tested what happens if 2 or more uses access the same custom library at the same time and create new macros in it. I'd suggest that you test this before you take full advantage of it.

Regarding your windows permissions, you have to make sure that you have write access to the macro file itself of course.

Best Regards,
    Sven

Attached File: fpdmacro.png

Posted By: Sven on Feb 09, 2018 09:07PM

Thank you, That fixed our problem. I posted instructions for people to add the library but did not have instructions for the read only mode window that opens.
    Following your cautionary note I have backed up the file and will continue on a regular basis in case we break the file. We will also test next week to see if any issue arises.

Posted By: Bob Mueller on Feb 09, 2018 10:43PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+