Support Forum

Archiv:

Archive for June 2016

Hello Kim,

You are indeed correct, there are major differences between the prices of counter-bores and countersinks.

In order to make an angled countersink, the milling tool has to make a great many small stepped passes to cut the conical shape. For a counter-bore (no steps), an end mill can make a few passes and cut the shape much more quickly.

If your project involves material 4mm or thicker, you can take advantage of this by using hardware like standard socket cap screws along with the through hole in a blind hole.

As always, let us know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Dec 13, 2010 04:54PM

Paul,

I am sorry if I keep asking silly questions but where do I find the difference between counter-bore and countersinks in the software. Going through a number of different holes the trend seems to be that metric DIN74A is cheaper than ANSI 82 degrees for essentially the same hole while some manually controlled ones can be even cheaper than that (sometimes that is). Somehow I am not capable of finding any logic in the pricing structure.

Posted By: Kim Beumer on Dec 13, 2010 08:01PM

Hello again Kim,

A counter-bore is a countersink with a 180 degree head angle. There is no separate item for this type of countersink, but instead it is simply entered with manual parameters.

The DIN74A is cheaper to mill than the ANSI 82 degree countersink (assuming 3mm hole size) because the DIN74A requires less milling time.

Going too in-depth into how we calculate pricing would probably not make me very popular with our software developers.

If you would like to discuss it more in detail, feel free to give us a call.

Sincerely,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

206-768-0602

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Dec 14, 2010 05:23PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+