Support Forum

Archiv:

Whishes category

• Shape combining

I would love to see a feature that would permit combining shapes in a "smart" fashion.

Grouping cutouts or cavities produces a Union function, where the combined outline is cut away. Currently, this is not done cost-effectively, as there machining charges are the simple sum of the individual shapes, not that of the outline or the total area.

A different and useful combining function would be an Intersection, where the result would be to cut out only the parts that overlap between shapes. A particular application would be a component outline (or cavity recess) for a circular D-hole connector whose body shape in a square overlaying a circle. We can create a through-hole cutout approximation as a Quadruple D-Hole, but not as a cavity.

(As a component outline, this would be an ideal shape to be tagged as Non-Cutting!)

Posted By: Dave Bell on Nov 30, 2015 05:00PM Category: Whishes

• Object/group rotation

When rotating a group (or inserted macro object) the rotation factor is kept during the current session, but when the file is saved, closed, and then reopened the rotation factor of that group is reset to 0.0 (ie, the rotation is not saved in the data file). Would it be possible to have the rotation saved as part of the data file, so when the file is reopened the rotation value of objects is preserved?

Posted By: Don North on Oct 15, 2015 08:56AM Category: Whishes

• Cases- removable top?

I just ordered my first panel and will be addicted to your service in the future. However I didn't order any of your cases since it seems both designs do not allow easy removal of the top plane of the case without first removing the front or back. Is this correct? If so, you may want to considering having a case option that one can easily 'remove the top' so as to work on a system without removing the front or back first. When demoing prototype products (what I would use your service for), the extra disassembly makes the device seem clumsy, which is what I am (presumably) paid to avoid.

Thanks again!

Posted By: Brian on Aug 31, 2015 11:21PM Category: Whishes

• HPGL scale resolution

Hi, would it be possible to add one more digit to the HPGL resolution? Meaning, right now it will only do 48.8% or 75.1% instead of 48.85% or 75.12% etc... The extra resolution seems it would be easy to do and would save me a huge amount of time in fine tuning my engravings.

Posted By: John M on Apr 03, 2015 06:19PM Category: Whishes

• Wishlist

My number one wish for Front Panel Designer:

A precise measuring tool, allowing user to quickly measure distance between object edges and centers.

Posted By: Ian Z. Anderson on Mar 04, 2015 07:06PM Category: Whishes

• micro D panel cutout

I need panel cutout for micro D connectors.

Posted By: zoran1 on Aug 20, 2014 04:17PM Category: Whishes

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+