Support Forum

Archiv:

Archive for January 2012

Hi Diane,

I sent you my files a few days back. No sweat over the DXF import problem as far as I'm concerned. So long as the old way still works, that's fine by me.

However if a potential bug in the program can be fixed, so much the better for everyone.

Speaking of the program, I am using the Linux version and I've got to say other than this minor problem with the DXF import, it has worked like a charm.

Posted By: Michael St. Pierre on Jul 29, 2012 06:26PM

Hi Michael,

I got your files, thank you.

After looking at your files I can say it is not a bug. You are challenging the capability of Front Panel Designer with your design :-)

The dxf import needs closed contours and can't deal with groups of lines. I would like to discuss this with our IT department. Please use the "old hpgl way" in the meantime and leave us a note to cut all the way through the panel.

I am glad the Linux version works well for you.

Thank you again for your feedback. It helps tremendously to improve Front Panel Designer.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 03, 2012 01:56AM

It would seem like the HPGL method still has some advantages over the DXF import for contour cutting. Perhaps the option of cutting clear through can be added as a choice in the "pen color" selection box for the HPGL engraving.

If nothing else, this would make for automatic machine setup and price adjustment, and probably be more clear then putting a note in the remarks box.

Posted By: Michael St. Pierre on Aug 09, 2012 07:39AM

Just a quick update.

I got the latest developer version that allows dxf contours with open contours (lines, arcs, etc.) in the machining code.

Next step is to implement it in Front Panel Designer to make it available to our customers. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 11, 2012 01:08AM

Just a quick update.

I got the latest developer version that allows dxf contours with open contours (lines, arcs, etc.) in the machining code.

Next step is to implement it in Front Panel Designer to make it available to our customers. I will keep you posted on the progress.

If you think this will be available fairly soon, perhaps I'll hold off on ordering my enclosure panel set and give this a try.

Posted By: Michael St. Pierre on Aug 17, 2012 06:39AM

Probably not in the next update. There are still a few issues we need to figure out.

I would say the hpgl method is the one to go for now.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 17, 2012 10:05PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+