Support Forum

Archiv:

Front Panel Designer category

• import dxf in FPD 4.1 on MacOS

Hi,

I have a trouble during import a dxf file.

FPD import correctly the profile of my panel, but it's without hole and internal cutout.

I have tried to import dxf file using another program and it's work.

Some one can help me?

Posted By: Marco Mille on Jan 19, 2012 08:57PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• HPGL engraving inside a cavity

I was wondering if it is possible to have an engraving inside a cavity. When I do this in FPD the engraving is no longer visible but still there so will it still engrave?

Posted By: Shawn Hedrick on Jan 16, 2012 10:51PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• 22mm industrial controls

Hi, I'm looking for an outlne for a 22mm industrial switch, surely one of the most commonly drilled outlines, but can't find one. When I look in the library at other outlines that have notches in them, they seem to have been drawn in Autocad and then imported. I don't have access to such design tools, or know how to use them to make a composite curve.

Does anyone have a 22mm outline? Below is what I believe is the official specification. In my opinion, this should be added to the next update of the FPD tool.

Cheers, David.

Posted By: David Buckley on Dec 27, 2011 08:14PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• PDF to PLT on Mac OS X

I have a logo that I want to import into my panel. The only vector graphics software I have is Inkscape, and the .plt export is not working properly for me. Is there any other way to convert a PDF or SVG to the format that Front Panel Designer requires?

Thanks.

Posted By: David Shoemaker on Dec 12, 2011 11:59PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• DXF import units

I am trying to import a .dxf shape and the import is always in mm. I want inches and cant seem to figure out how to get that. The .dxf was saved with the units as inches.

Thanks

Shea

Posted By: shea petricek on Nov 29, 2011 04:53AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• FDM Macro File Format - Willing to write a webapp to manage macro contributions

Would you guys be willing to disclose the internal file format of the FDM file? If so, I propose building a small Java web app - database driven of course - that would permit uploading FDM files, merging and downloading FDM files against a database of user contributed Macros.

I'd even settle for getting the FDM file format under Non-Disclosure Agreement - if you are willing to let me build the web application to handle contributions and merges. I have a large number of custom Macro's I've built for the tube audio community, and there is a need to manage these as the FPDesigner only has rudimentary support for managing the FDM file.

Let me know! I'd love to do it.

-- Jim Doyle

Posted By: Jim Doyle on Nov 18, 2011 03:47AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+