Support Forum

Archiv:

Front Panel Designer category

• Small bug in Windows FPD

(Note: FPD Version 4.11)

The minor bug is that the filenames extension does not change to SVG, (from DXF) when naming a file to be exported.

Found under: File> Export> "Save as type" SVG.

It writes the file with *.dxf extension either way.

Saving an "SVG files (*.svg)" can overwrite an existing *.DXF file (after warning) since the extension does not change.

Thank you very much!

JoeT

Posted By: Joe Torre on Jul 04, 2011 04:12PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Cavity

If I create a circle cavity, what color will it be in the middle?? Can I specify a color to fill the cavity??

Posted By: Jarred matyka on Jun 23, 2011 06:08AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Cavity Example

Hello,

I'm entirely new to FPE and had a tiny question. Could you please give me an example of a cavity?A pic would be nice.

I have an LCD(50*40)mm which I need to put in a FP. The only way to hold the LCD in place is to create a cavity on the reverse side of the FP. This allows it to stay in place. I still have to support it from the reverse side, but I can take care of that.

Will a cavity do such a thing?

Posted By: Gerry S on Jun 18, 2011 08:05PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Can you tap heatsinks?

I have some extruded heatsinks, to which I would like to screw-mount some transistors. Is your equipment capable of tapping one of these?

Posted By: Douglas Krause on May 19, 2011 02:02PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Registration marks on customer supplied panel

For a customer supplied panel, what is the preferred method of including some sort of registration mark on the designed panel to aid in checking the layout?

For example, I have a panel that already has screw holes. I'd like to include these in the panel layout so that when the page is printed I can use that to align the printout with the panel to make sure things are lining up. But this is not a set of holes to be drilled when the panel is fab'd by you.

Posted By: Ron Wagner on May 14, 2011 01:59AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Resizing panel after designed

I have a panel layout that I have finished. but realized it is not the correct size. I want to keep the designed exactly as it is on the panel. just extend each side slightly. every time i re size the panel it just adds the added length to one side of the panel. is there a way to center justify it keeping the layout centered??

Posted By: Dave Meyers on Apr 27, 2011 04:07AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+