Support Forum

Archiv:

Front Panel Designer category

• New to FPE and fisrt question

Hi,

I'm new to FPE although I have been "playing" with the software a little bit in the past. I purchased a commercial preamplifier with a FPE chassis and like it very much. I intend to build several chassises to match it.

My first question is: I want to thread a switch on the front panel. The switch has a 1/4-40 bushing thread. Am I right to assume that since it will be mounted from the inside on the frontpanel I should use a #4-40 threaded hole placed on the reverse side?

Thanks,

Xavier

ps. PB, if you read this you know what commercial product I'm referring to!

Posted By: Xavier Cortes on Jan 07, 2011 05:13PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Irregular Panel Shape

Hi,

How do I design a rectangular panel (5"x24") with a (2" radius) semi-circular cutout on the bottom middle edge?

The panel replaces a boat dash panel. The cutout is needed to clear the steering column.

Thanks.

Posted By: Keith Bigger on Jan 05, 2011 04:51PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Irregular Panel Shape

Hi,

How do I design a rectangular panel (5"x24") with a (2" radius) semi-circular cutout on the bottom middle edge?

The panel replaces a boat dash panel. The cutout is needed to clear the steering column.

Thanks.

Posted By: Keith Bigger on Jan 05, 2011 04:13PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• NEMA 5-15R

I want to build an AC power filter and I was disappointed that FPD did not have an object for the standard NEMA 5-15R duplex receptacle (unless I missed it). Has anyone successfully created it and could send me the object or tell me how I could easily cut and paste this object into FPD?

Posted By: Michael McFarlane on Dec 20, 2010 10:09PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Category Tree is Corrupt

Hi, I thought I'd leverage the macro folders and add my own folder. When I did that I got an error that the "category tree is corrupt!". It did not add my folder.

Subsequently, everytime I tried to add a new macro object the error comes up (I'm not even trying to create a new folder at this point). Yes, I did quit and restart the program and the error remains in this file.

Further, when I tried to rename a macro object, the program crashed completely.

Don't know if this has been reported, or if files can get corrupted, but I hope not because I've spent a lot of hours on this file. Please advise.

Thank-you,

Mike

Posted By: Mike Phillips on Dec 18, 2010 08:49AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• macros with changeable drillings

I am using the "Sub-D 25 pole with changeable drillings" library macro, and wonder how I can change the mounting holes (or even find out what the present hole size/type is).

Posted By: Peter Bennett on Dec 14, 2010 02:29AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+