Support Forum

Archiv:

Front Panel Designer category

• Custom cavity

Hi,

I'd like to create a cavity with an arbitrary shape. I see that you can create circles, rectangles, circles-in-rectangles, etc. I'd like to import a dxf and use that as the cavity. This obvious feature appears missing from the software.

I searched on the forum and found one Customer Service Rep who said it can be done, here:

https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/support/forum/?tx_wecdiscussion%5Bsingle%5D=308

...but there are no details about how to import dxf and "specify it should be a cavity". Do we import dxf as a cutout and then specify in the notes section when we order that that should be a cavity instead of a cutout? If so, how do we tell the human operator which cutout we are talking about (if there are several)?

Thanks,
    David

Posted By: David on Jun 11, 2017 06:57AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• simple non rectangular front panel

I would like to create a slightly non rectangular front panel shape. I've been looking into hand editing a .DXF, but haven't found any easy to follow examples. Could someone help me or suggest another way ?

Gerrit

Posted By: Gerrit Slavenburg on Jun 04, 2017 09:42PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Use DWG or DXF file for cutout pattern?

Can someone help me figure out how to convert one of the attached DWG or DXF files into a cutout pattern for front panel designer?

I need to make a cutout that covers up all the LEDs around the b***ons.

The DWG file is located on this web page https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/cfa533tmikc-alphanumeric-lcd-display-16x2-i2c#datasheets

Attached File: CFA533_Family_HW_v1.1_2D_CAD.dxf

Posted By: James Morton on May 25, 2017 03:26AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Holes in the corners equidistant from the edges.

Is there a way to put holes in the corners equidistant from the edges?

Posted By: David Clarke on Apr 27, 2017 04:46AM Category: Front Panel Designer

• On/Off Symbol (macro?)

Does anyone have a universal on/off symbol they can share? I'm referring to the symbol that looks like a semi-circle with the gap at the top and a short vertical line bisecting that gap. I imagine the symbol would be maintained as a macro, but if anyone has it in any form suitable for use with FPD I'd certainly be grateful.

Regards,
    Scott

Posted By: Scott Leventhal on Apr 14, 2017 10:55PM Category: Front Panel Designer

• Mounting Flange spacing and sizing

is there a feature where Standard rack sides cutouts sizing and dimension on the panel can be applied in your software ? ( Look at the uploaded file for more clarification.

Attached File: Ask_In_FPD_Fourm.PNG

Posted By: Mohammed on Feb 14, 2017 05:52PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+