Support Forum

Archiv:

• Difficulty creating HPGL .plt files in Linux

Does anybody know of software that will let me convert files into HPGL either by importing and saving as HPGL or else straight file conversion? I have several formats I can save to using my design software for my logo, but none of them are .hpgl.

I've tried Cenon, Inkscape, qCad, and Libreoffice Draw and all of them either don't have HPGL or else don't properly save it in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I tried a USB install of 15.10, which allowed me to satisfy dependencies for the latest version of Cenon (4.04, I believe), but it still couldn't save a .plt file which was usable (always ends up just being a 32 byte file, with no data).

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. It's possible that the vector data in my other file formats isn't plottable into HPGL format at all or something, but I really need assistance from someone more familiar with these formats and usage.

Posted By: Winter on Nov 08, 2015 02:01PM Category: Front Panel Designer

I use INKSCAPE and DRAFTSIGHT. I export a PDF out of Draftsight. Then open it in INKSCPAE. Then "Save as" an HPGL.

Posted By: JM on Mar 20, 2016 04:24PM

Hey, thanks.

What ended up working was starting with a .pdf image from my graphic designer. I had been trying to start with a couple of other formats and it didn't work.

Posted By: Winter on Mar 29, 2016 03:51PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+