Support Forum

Archiv:

• Display cover

Hi,

I am designing a v front panel for a product with Front Panel Designer. The panel has a 30mm x 12mm rectangular cutout for a LED display. I found on your web-site that you also offer display covers in clear or red acrylic.

1. Question:
    How do I design or specify a display cover in Front Panel designer?

2. Question:
    I want the display cover to be inset into the cutout from behind. The glue edge width on the long sides has a max of 2mm, On the short sides the max width is 4mm. Ideally the material would be 2mm Acrylic, meaning the glue 'ledges' are 0.5mm thick. Can you do that?

3. Question:
    Ideally I want Icon graphics on the front panel. Engraving is too course of a technology for what I need. When will you be able to offer printing capability? Either screen printing, Inkject printing or UV photoresist type printing should work for me.

Posted By: Klaus on Dec 10, 2015 06:13PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Attached is an example for a 30mm x 12 mm display cutout. The aluminum front has a cavity on the backside to allow the acrylic display to fit in. I gave it a .2mm tolerance to ensure proper fit.
    The acrylic display has a cavity as well. This way both parts will be flush with each other. You won't need much glue since this already is good fit.

Our printing process is ready to launch. However we are still testing the best possible surface pretreatment.

I hope the attached files help. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
    Diane

Attached File: display.fpd

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Dec 14, 2015 07:36PM

here is the second file

Attached File: cutout.fpd

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Dec 14, 2015 07:43PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+