Support Forum

Archiv:

• ruler option

it would be great if there were to ruler functions. One being a ruler along the X and Y that you could select to view and set to decimal, milimeter or fractions.

Another would me a measuring function from one point to another. Example-select ruler, click on one point and pull to other point and click. It would give measurement of distance in decimal, milimeter or fraction between the 2 points.

Posted By: Craig Winnerman on Aug 05, 2009 10:41PM Category: Whishes

Thank you for your suggestion. We will definitively take the ruler in consideration for future Front Panel Designer versions.

The next version will have the option to make positioning easier by offering a snap tool. It is also planned to enter the distance between two objects by using the snap feature.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 10, 2009 06:46AM

FPD really needs this feature, particularly a way to set the distance between two objects.

You said "The next version will have the option to make positioning easier by offering a snap tool. It is also planned to enter the distance between two objects by using the snap feature."

A new version (4.21) has recently been released and I still don't see this feature. When do you plan to add it?

Posted By: edward on Jun 20, 2013 03:42AM

I am sorry that the ruler didn't make it in the last release. Definitely our oversight. It is back on the to-do list.

If it helps in any way, you can place the origin with the snap function on any object you like. Then select the related object and read/change x and y in the 'object property window'

Kind regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Jun 25, 2013 02:00AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+