Support Forum

Archiv:

• Infill process and limits

Hi,

How does your infill process actually work? It looks like a paint fill by plotter pen?

If I have one engraved area with two different infill colors, do I need some border/separation between them (i.e. draw them as two shapes right next to each other) or is overlap okay?

How large an area can you infill? If I wanted a background color different than your anodization offerings and if I infill the whole piece, what limits are there?

Posted By: Ken S. on Oct 27, 2009 07:38PM Category: Production

Hi Ken,

How does your infill process actually work? It looks like a paint fill by plotter pen?

The machining of the panels is highly automated but the infill process is all done by hand.

If I have one engraved area with two different infill colors, do I need some border/separation between them (i.e. draw them as two shapes right next to each other) or is overlap okay?

Separation between areas with different infill colors is required. We recommend .2mm to .5mm (.008" to .02")

How large an area can you infill? If I wanted a background color different than your anodization offerings and if I infill the whole piece, what limits are there?

The max. area for infill depends on the design of the engraving objects. However, the infill process is not meant to be used for backgrounds. If you can't find the color of your choice in our material selection, you can provide already painted, powder coated, or anodized material to us for machining.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Oct 30, 2009 05:58PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+