Support Forum

Archiv:

• Macros after update

I just updated to version 4.5 and all my user macros have disappeared. How can I get them back. It was a large library and I would rather not have to design them all again.

Posted By: Greg on Feb 10, 2016 08:09AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hi,

You should still have your library file, which is named UserMacros.fml

Are you using Mac? It looks like the path has changed from

"User"/.FrontDesign/UserMacros.fml

to

"User"/Library/Application Support/FrontDesign/UserMacros.fml

This is the Windows path:
    "User"/AppData/Roaming/FrontDesign

You can import a macro file into FPD with Edit->Settings ->Interface->Macro files... Or you move the fml file into above mentioned path.

Please let me know if it worked. If not I need to know what OS you are using. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
    Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Feb 10, 2016 09:29PM

I found the macro.fml file BUT any attempt to attach it to Front designer gets this rejection....Macro object database error macro objects are not available(26:SQLITE_NOTADB[26]: file is encrypted or is not a data base

This is the same message that I get when I launch front Designer

Posted By: Ron Cass on Feb 15, 2016 10:33PM

I just emailed you the previous version FPD4.4. Please use this until we have the bug fixed.

I apologize for the trouble and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Feb 15, 2016 11:12PM

version 4.4 gave me the same message. I located the macro data base file and tried to import it with no luck. I copied a macro from another .fpd file and pasted it into a new design successfully but could not save it into the user macro list.

Posted By: Ron Cass on Apr 23, 2016 02:51AM

Hello again. I have the same problem as Ron Cass. Any chance you can email me version FPD4.4 too?

Posted By: Greg Dodson on Feb 16, 2016 12:58PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+