Support Forum

Archiv:

• Text over Engraving Line

Hi,

Is there a way to make a text go over an engraved line instead of crossing this line.

So if i make a engraved rectangle the text will go over the line instead of crossing the line.

I've attached an example, with on the left side a rectangle with the text crossing the line, and on the right a self made rectangle (with lines) and the text going "over" the line.

Making a rectangle with lines is not an easy way of doing it, not at all if you want serval rectangles on the frontpanel :)..

Attached File: FrontPanelDesign_Text.jpg

Posted By: Dave on Mar 28, 2016 12:36AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Front Panel Designer offers basic shapes such as circles, rectangles and lines. In addition you can import graphics with the 'Insert HPGL Engraving' tool.

Here are some tips and a tutorial how it works:
    www.frontpanelexpress.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Downloads/Handbuecher_Datenblaetter/PDFs/Manual_for_HPGL.pdf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642pc-aGPvE&list=PL4F2CAADBCDDCAFEC&index=8

In your case it is probably best to add a couple of lines. It's easy when you use the snap function.

Best regards,
    Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Mar 28, 2016 11:13PM

Dear Diane,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Unfortunately because of text width is changing when other texts are put in, it's becoming a real pain to fast and cleanly put the text on my frontpanels.
    I'm looking for a way to make connection panels with such layouts that there's a rectangle around my connectors with text centered in the top line of the rectangle.

Because of various connector types i don't have space to put it on top or below the lines of the rectangles.

And when the width of the text changing, i can't really make a macro object that's sets a standard, because then the gap spaced between the line will be to big if there is a small word (like IN or OUT), and to large when there is a big word (like LINKED or PARALLEL).

Posted By: Dave on Mar 29, 2016 01:04AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+