Support Forum

Archiv:

• creating hgpl ?

hello,

please, i'm having troubles to create a front pannel designer file.

i created a high resolution dxf file, with one layer for the cutting part, and one layer for the white paint part but .... front pannel designer really isn't soft friendly, with most creating softs ( rhino, autocad, photoshop, etc etc ) .

i guess the only way to create an Advanced layer of paint is with hgpl, right ? ( "Advanced", i don't know .. ) ,
    and i can't find a way to create an hgpl file. i tried eagle cad, and it couldn't even convert properly a dxf file ...

why couldn't front pannel designer simply be able to import directly a full dxf, to tell where and how and at which scale the plate has to be CNC cut, and some JPG or png, or tiff, or even psd , with the same scale and scu, to tell where how and in which colors the paint should be done.

please, do you have some ideas that could help me ? i need to control the quality of the file that will be delivered to Schaeffer AG, and make some economy because i can't afford their conversion service.

here's a idea of what it will look like, it's the vectorial

Attached File: Capture.JPG

Posted By: adrien on Apr 26, 2016 11:45PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Thank you for your message. You are totally right that a full .dxf import would be a nice feature. But unfortunately it is not as simple as it seems and it is difficult to implement into our software. At the moment doing an HPGL conversion of text/graphics is the only solution for engravings.

We are the US partner company of Schaeffer AG and cannot serve customers from Europe. But here are some tips and a tutorial on how it works:

www.frontpanelexpress.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Downloads/Handbuecher_Datenblaetter/PDFs/Manual_for_HPGL.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642pc-aGPvE&list=PL4F2CAADBCDDCAFEC&index=8

Please feel free to also contact customer service at Schaeffer AG in Berlin. They speak English and can help you if you need more support.

Have you ever thought about printing your engravings? Schaeffer AG is able to do this. They will need your .fpd file and a .pdf file (which you could easily export from your CAD software) of your graphics. This method should be even cheaper than having your graphics engraved. If this is an option I would recommend you contact Schaeffer AG customer service and they can tell you what exactly they need for printing.

Best regards,

Fabian

Posted By: Fabian on Apr 28, 2016 06:25PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+