Support Forum

Archiv:

• Acess Violation when using cut or copy

So I went to use FPD this morning and I can not use the copy or cut command without an access violation message popping up in German.

I have rebooted, removed, rebooted again, reinstalled, and I still can not get the FPD program to behave.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Posted By: Nick Podolak on Dec 30, 2009 04:18PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hi Nick,

I am sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with FPD.

Our IT people are already informed and I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

Could you please give me details about your operating system and the access violation (Zugriffsverletzung)?

Again, we apologize for this problem.

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Dec 30, 2009 08:42PM

I have a Mac, so I am running FPD in a Windows XP virtual machine using VMWare Fusion. The OS is up to date.

Sometimes I get the Zugriffsverletzung access violation and sometimes I get the Ausgewahlter error message that loosely translates to "you selected the wrong printer".

Having gone back into the program on this PC I have realized that I can not place a new object either, I can select the tool but when i click to place nothing happens. Previously I was just trying to modify an existing drawing and hadn't noticed.

Posted By: Nick Podolak on Dec 30, 2009 10:32PM

It has something to do with the printer. When you copy something, you automatically generate a wmf file on the clipboard. This wmf file uses some printer settings. Since you probably don't have a printer installed on your virtual machine, it won't let you copy.

The next version of Front Panel Designer will have a better solution for that. In the meantime we suggest to install just any standard printer on your system. Copy and paste should work then.

Thank you for pointing that out. And again, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jan 05, 2010 01:28AM

I changed my default printer to a different unit and the copy paste functionality has returned.

Posted By: Nick Podolak on Jan 06, 2010 04:49PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+