Support Forum

Archiv:

• Non Design Layer

It will be of great aid to have a layer that can be hidden or visible that will not be used in the design by Front Panel, but will be used by designer for various uses.

Example of use:

To add comments or part numbers, instructions of functions etc, This can be used in the documentation for the design.

Posted By: Jorge de la Paz on Jan 02, 2010 04:02AM Category: Whishes

Thank you for your suggestion. I think this would be a really useful function for a lot of FPD users.

I will discuss this with our software development.

Thank you

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jan 05, 2010 04:56AM

Particularly useful, in this vein, would be some dimensioning tools.

Posted By: Matt Watkins on Apr 12, 2010 11:34PM

The easiest way to add this function might be to add tools to the tool selection menu such as "comment 0.2mm" which would draw like "engraver 0.2mm" but be ignored by the milling and pricing programs.

I really want to be able to show existing features of ready-made parts I send you to work on, both for my design purposes and for the sake of making it clear how the part gets loaded in the milling machine.

Posted By: KEVIN LOVINGOOD on Apr 21, 2010 04:15PM

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think that would be a valuable feature for many of our customers. It would also help us to determine the reference of customer provided material in a more efficient way.

Thanks again, I'll let our software developer know.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Apr 22, 2010 12:39AM

I agree a non-design layer (layout layer) would be very helpful. I currently have to create several versions of the same drawing and add "engraving objects" so I can either get a feel of the look of a layout without holes and so forth and to visualize placement of hidden components/objects and outline behind the front panel

should be somewhat simple

(1) create a non design or "Ref layer"

(2) user right clicks on any object

(3) click "Ref Layer"

(4) likewise an object can be moved back to the "Design Layer" with a right click. Maybe Alternate action on object between the two layers.

Posted By: Jeff Wilson on Jul 10, 2010 05:41PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+