Support Forum

Archiv:

• STEP File Export

The 3D add on in version 6.0 is great, but much more useful with the ability to export as a 3D file. Any chance this is coming?

Posted By: Colin Mann on Mar 15, 2018 08:11PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the suggestion. We are going to be improving our new 3D feature so we hope to have this ability and others available in a future update.

Adrian

Posted By: Adrian on Mar 15, 2018 11:59PM

Looking forward to it! Would be a huge addition for me personally. My current method is to export the DXF, then make the changes in my 3D model, however, this leaves a lot of room for error when small changes are made, especially when things like pocket cutouts have to be manually entered on both sides. A 3D format would save tons of time and headaches.

Posted By: Colin Mann on Mar 16, 2018 04:13AM

A second on the 3D Step export, we are also new to this product/service and really like the excellent enclosure concept however is high risk without verification in a 3D CAD assembly program to check clearances internally.

Posted By: Tony Jay on Apr 10, 2018 06:49PM

Absolutely agree. I was actually quite surprised it didn't have this functionality already.

Posted By: Cody on Oct 22, 2018 04:12AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+