Support Forum

Archiv:

• dxf frustration

Hi! I have used FPE over the years for my production needs and I have NEVER, never ever; no matter how I export and how I prep the data- never been able to import a dxf exported from illustrator. I am trying to design some from panels for 2 new products and am completely blocked by this. I contacted support and was curtly pointed to the pdf guide, which tells me nothing about file preparation (and that I've read, and then told it would be 100$ an hour for possibly 3 hours of work to get a simple dxf outline into front panel designer.

Does anyone have a succinct set of operations to perform in order to get a simple curved outline out of illustrator and into FPE using DXF? Paying 300$ per set of outlines will be a bit steep.

Anyway here's the perpetual error:

Attached File: Screen_Shot_2018-07-23_at_3.30.29_PM.png

Posted By: Greg Francke on Jul 24, 2018 12:38AM Category: Front Panel Designer

OKAY!!! Important advice for illustrator users: if your art contains any bezier curves, go to object/path and add anchor points. Repeat this until there are enough anchor points to approximate the curve in the following step: go to object/simplify and click on 'straight lines'. Make sure preview is active to catch any potential butchery of curves. Select the outline, export as dxf (default settings work ok), and import.

Posted By: Greg Francke on Jul 24, 2018 12:50AM

:( the above still only works for 1 out of 2 outlines. why is this so hard?

Attached File: Screen_Shot_2018-07-23_at_5.48.32_PM.png

Posted By: Greg Francke on Jul 24, 2018 02:49AM

Hey Greg! Sorry this has been a frustrating process. The team is working on your issue and will be in contact with you through email soon. Thanks!

Posted By: Front Panel Express on Jul 25, 2018 12:38AM

Hi Greg,

Send your.dxf files to info@frontpanelexpress.com and we will help by email.

Thanks

Posted By: Adrian on Jul 25, 2018 12:41AM

Thank you Adrian I will send the one last file that I can't covert later today

Posted By: Greg Francke on Jul 25, 2018 03:42PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+