Support Forum

Archiv:

• Found 3 bugs

Bug #1: Your 'Search' in this forum does not work. If you click on the search icon in the upper right corner of this forum it will dump you to a blank page.

Bug #2: Where is the 8-32 tap? In the Drill Hole Properties dialog -> Thread -> UNC (Unified Coarse). The drop down list does not have a selection for #8-32. There is a selection for #8-24, which I assume is a typo as I can not find this size on any tap/drill chart.

Bug #3: Reference point of an object doesn't seem to work. Place three holes on a panel. Group all holes. Double Click the group to bring up the Group Properties dialog. Redefine the reference point of the group, either by clicking one of the corner radio buttons to the left or by selecting the reference point of an object. The 'new' reference point of the group turns red in the dialog and the 'new' cross hairs of the group reference point appear on the front panel, but you can't do anything with the 'new' group reference point.

For example, if I made the center point of one of the three holes in my group the 'new' reference point of the group and then try to align it to the horizontal and verical center of the panel, it moves the group with respect to the center point of the GROUP to the new location, instead of moving the group with respect to the center point of the referenced HOLE to the new location. It's as though the group center is ALWAYS the reference point, regardless of where the 'new' reference point is defined in the group.

Posted By: DAVE DAVIS on May 07, 2010 02:35AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Bug #1: Your 'Search' in this forum does not work. If you click on the search icon in the upper right corner of this forum it will dump you to a blank page.

Thanks for pointing this out, our content management system needs an update for this. There are also other issues with our forum. However, it will be fixed shortly.

Bug #2: Where is the 8-32 tap? In the Drill Hole Properties dialog -> Thread -> UNC (Unified Coarse). The drop down list does not have a selection for #8-32. There is a selection for #8-24, which I assume is a typo as I can not find this size on any tap/drill chart.

Please see here

Bug #3: Reference point of an object doesn't seem to work. Place three holes on a panel. Group all holes. Double Click the group to bring up the Group Properties dialog. Redefine the reference point of the group, either by clicking one of the corner radio buttons to the left or by selecting the reference point of an object. The 'new' reference point of the group turns red in the dialog and the 'new' cross hairs of the group reference point appear on the front panel, but you can't do anything with the 'new' group reference point.

For example, if I made the center point of one of the three holes in my group the 'new' reference point of the group and then try to align it to the horizontal and verical center of the panel, it moves the group with respect to the center point of the GROUP to the new location, instead of moving the group with respect to the center point of the referenced HOLE to the new location. It's as though the group center is ALWAYS the reference point, regardless of where the 'new' reference point is defined in the group.

Let me look into that.

Thank you for your bug report, it is much appreciated.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on May 19, 2010 05:20AM

I couldn't duplicate bug #3. I followed exactly your description and was able to align to a reference of a hole in my group, not just the reference of the whole group.

I used 'Move' and entered X=0, Y=0. I also tried 'Aligning/Distributing' with both reference points and front panel selected. Both methods worked for me.

Can you please explain more in detail how you align? What operating system do you use? I don't think it has something to do with that, but I want to make sure it's ruled out.

Thank you

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on May 25, 2010 03:30AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+