Support Forum

Archiv:

• 2U Housing Profile Case

Hello,

I am trying to design an enclosure that is a standard 2U rack mount size (with mounting ears).

Reading through the manual, I can't find the length of the housing bracket. Does it come in standard lengths, or do we need to specify it somewhere?

Also, if anyone already has a completed 2U enclosure which I could use as a template, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted By: Shahrukh Alavi on Jun 18, 2010 04:29PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Shahrukh,

Our aluminum extrusions (side profile and housing profile) can be specified in length during the order process.

We don't offer standard lengths, everything is cut to your specifications.

We would be happy to provide a 2U rackmount template, what depth are you looking for?

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jun 21, 2010 01:12AM

I'm looking at a depth of 12"

Posted By: Shahrukh Alavi on Jun 21, 2010 11:15PM

Hello Shahrukh,

Your request is on my list for tomorrow morning. If you have a specific housing profile or side profile you'd like to use, please let me know.

I would recommend either a stack of two pieces of Side Profile 1 on each side, or Housing Profile 2.

-Paul Birkeland

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Jun 22, 2010 01:13AM

Hello Shahrukh,

Your request is on my list for tomorrow morning. If you have a specific housing profile or side profile you'd like to use, please let me know.

I would recommend either a stack of two pieces of Side Profile 1 on each side, or Housing Profile 2.

-Paul Birkeland

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Jun 22, 2010 02:03AM

Hi Paul

I was thinking of a combination of housing profiles 1 and 2. I'd like the top cover removable, so housing 1 on the bottom and housing 2 on the top.

Thanks,

Shahrukh

Posted By: Shahrukh Alavi on Jun 22, 2010 04:17AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+