Support Forum

Archiv:

• annoyance: edit box sizes

I guess this isn't a bug, but an annoyance. The edit boxes in some dialogs aren't wide enough.

I assume this would be in several places, but the one that "bugs" me most is in the "Move Selected Objects" dialog.

e.g. If I change the absolute X position to say 11.9500 inches, it's not too bad while still in the dialog (left-justified with the 4th decimal point half cut off); but if I reenter the dialog the X value appears as "1.9600" with the most significant digit completely cut off. You need to enter the edit box and scroll it over to see the most significant digit.

The edit boxes simply need to be a bit wider.

Posted By: Ed Heitzman on Jul 26, 2010 08:25PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Ed,

When you click back into the dialog box to edit the X value, the number will move around according to where you click. If for instance in 11.9512", you click on the very right edge of the 2, then the leading 1 will get cut off. If, however, you click on the decimal point, you will lose the 2 at the end of the number.

For those of us (like me) used to clicking on the right edge of a given number to edit it, this will take some getting used to!

While we could widen the box, when you start working on huge panels in metric, the boxes would need to get super wide to sufficiently display all the entries.

We will be sure to work on this for the next revision of the software, thanks for letting us know!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Paul Birkeland

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Jul 27, 2010 05:53PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+