Support Forum

Archiv:

• Standard 1U enclosure

Hi,

i would like to know if there is any real standard 1U enclosure sample design available.

A standard 1U power supply unit (for example MeanWell IPC-200) is 40mm high but the available vertical space in your example 1U design based on the 42mm side is much less.

Does anyone have a sample file of how to build a standard server case based on the given options?

Thank you.

Posted By: Arnaud Darmont on Sep 28, 2010 06:06PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Arnaud,

Thank you for contacting us regarding our enclosures.

I can upload a zip file with the panels to make your 1U enclosure, I just need the depth of the enclosure and the width of the enclosure (not the front panel width).

As far as fitting the MeanWell IPC-200 into an enclosure using Side Profile 1, I only see a few good options.

One would be to mount the power supply either to the top or bottom panel, then place a cutout on the opposite panel to allow the power supply to pass through that panel and be flush with the outside of that panel.

I see this as a possible benefit to cooling, as one portion of the power supply would be allowed to dissipate its heat outside of the actual enclosure.

Another option would be to place cutouts on both panels, then use separate 1mm panels as cover panels for the top/bottom of the power supply, through bolting the cover panels to the top and bottom of the enclosure.

Lastly, you could mill a couple of 1.2mm deep cavities into the back sides of the top and bottom panels, creating 40mm of height in the inside of the enclosure. This method would have the added benefit of nicely clamping the power supply inside the enclosure, and the milled away surfaces would provide better than normal grounding between the case and the power supply.

I apologize for the length of this post, let me know if anything needs to be clarified.

Sincerely,

Paul Birkeland

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Sep 28, 2010 08:25PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+