Support Forum

Archiv:

• 53mm Vs. 55mm????

Hi,

Im in the process of designing a 19" 2U front panel. My plan is to buy a Schroff 20860-605 and then just replace the front panel. I would use the front panel off the Schroff and get you guys to cut it, but i want a perspex front panel.

Anyway this is the problem. When using your program, I open a new design, set the size to the 19" Front Panel and 2U height, then add system holes. Measuring the distance between the front panel holes centre-to-centre (the holes which attach the panel to the rest of the case, not the ones that actually hold it in a rack) it comes out as 55mm.

However, when i look at the handle accessories (part 20860-257) for the Schroff case, it says the holes are 53mm apart. So should i change the distance on my design, or is it ok to keep it the preset distance?

Thanks

Elliott

p.s Sorry i couldn't get links to the product pages, the Schroff website is all flash based, however if you go to their website and put those product numbers in the search they come up fine

Posted By: Elliott Whyte on Nov 17, 2010 07:35PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Elliot,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your project.

You are absolutely correct, for the part number you specified, you would want 55mm spacing for the handles.

I spoke with the original author of the system hole parameters, and it appears as though the original specifications are for a part that has been discontinued.

We will report this to our software development team immediately and include it in our next software release.

Thank you bringing this to our attention!

Sincerely,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Nov 18, 2010 12:05AM

Hi,

Thanks for clearing this up. I think you got confused (understandably) by my post though. Your system holes template has the holes at 55mm, however the schroff data sheet indicates they are 53mm.

I will order my case first and measure it to make sure anyway.

Thanks

Posted By: Elliott Whyte on Nov 18, 2010 12:21PM

Hi,

Just to confirm, i got my schroff case today and measured it up. As expected, the vertical height between the screw holes is 53mm, but i also found the horizontal distance is 417mm (whereas your template is set at 425mm)

What is the situation with shipping to the UK?

Thanks

Posted By: Elliott Whyte on Nov 22, 2010 02:44PM

Hello again Elliott,

Thank you for reporting this second discrepancy.

You have made an excellent decision by getting all of your parts in-hand before ordering your front panel; verifying all measurements is a sure way to reduce the possibility of needing a replacement panel!

For shipping to the UK, you will want to visit www.schaeffer-ag.de to obtain the software package for European customers. Your panels will then be manufactured in Berlin and consequently shipped at a lower cost.

Thank you for all the help checking our Schroff system holes.

Sincerely,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Nov 22, 2010 05:48PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+