Support Forum

Archiv:

• Bugs in Mac FPD

Just wanted to pass along a few bugs that exist in the mac version of the FPD software. This is regarding version 4.11, the intel version, and I'm running it on a 2007 macbook running os x 10.6.7.

The mouse scroll wheel behavior is settable via the edit>settings>interface menu, but the setting does not stick outside of the current session as it should. Currently I need to reset this setting to my preferred setting - scroll wheel scrolling the file rather than zooming it - every time I run the software. There should be a way to make a users choice of this setting a default setting.

Changing the fill color in hpgl engravings doesn't change them - they always revert to whatever they were originally. I have to reopen the file in a windows based version of FPD to change it and have the change stick.

Ordering - currently there is no way to order more than one panel design in a single order. Although there are slots for this in the order window, there is no way (that I've found) of adding other panels.

Hopefully these can get passed on to whoever can fix these bugs - thanks!

Posted By: Stephen Drake on Apr 14, 2011 02:03AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting us regarding these issues in the Mac version.

We will report them to our software designers so they can be addressed.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Apr 14, 2011 05:41PM

Hello again Stephen,

We have heard back from our developers on these issues.

On the HPGL color issue, there is a workaround for now where you can hit return after making a color change to force it to stick.

On adding additional panels in the ordering program, there is a button in the upper left-hand corner with a blue "+" on it that allows you to add multiple panels to an order.

If you run into additional issues, please do not hesitate to inform us, as it is extremely helpful for us.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Apr 14, 2011 05:57PM

Thanks - I had the "+" button pointed out to me by another of your staff - I had missed it somehow. For some reason on my computer the ordering window opens at the bottom of the page, and I need to scroll up to see that one row of stuff at the top.

Posted By: Stephen Drake on May 02, 2011 04:40AM

On the HPGL color issue, there is a workaround for now where you can hit return after making a color change to force it to stick.

Maybe you could elaborate on this workaround? I can't get it to work.

Posted By: Stephen Drake on Jun 24, 2011 11:23PM

Also, the insert macro feature does not work. Clicking the Macro button does not bring up the macro sidebar.

Ron

Posted By: Ron Lee on Mar 14, 2012 02:09PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+