Support Forum

Archiv:

• Resizing panel after designed

I have a panel layout that I have finished. but realized it is not the correct size. I want to keep the designed exactly as it is on the panel. just extend each side slightly. every time i re size the panel it just adds the added length to one side of the panel. is there a way to center justify it keeping the layout centered??

Posted By: Dave Meyers on Apr 27, 2011 04:07AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Dave,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry.

In order to adjust the size of the panel with the desired results, we recommend you follow these steps:

1. Highlight all objects on your panel and group them together (drag a dashed box around them by clicking and holing the left mouse button, then right click inside the box and select "group").

2. Move the origin to the center of the panel using the shortcut N and the number 5 on your ten key keypad.

3. Now write down the position of your group relative to the new origin of the panel using the object properties or the move function. A layout with symmetry in both axes may be at (0,0).

4. Change the dimensions of your panel to the desired size.

5. Use the shortcut N and the number 5 on the 10 key keypad again to recenter the origin.

6. Move your group of objects to the coordinates you recorded from earlier.

7. Ungroup your objects, then reset the origin to the lower left corner using the shortcut N and 1 on the 10 key keypad.

If you run into any issues following these procedures, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Apr 27, 2011 07:32PM

Thank you! I think it worked great! and i LOVE those shortcuts! that will come in very handy!

Posted By: Dave Meyers on Apr 28, 2011 03:30AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+