Support Forum

Archiv:

• Concealed Mounting + Heatsinks

Hi there,

About to design an enclosure with you, and wanted to check if two things were possible. Basically I really like these enclosures (http://atechfabrication.com/HTPC_cases.htm#Storage,_NAS,_and_Server_Cases) and would like to make something as close as possible... Sadly the manufacturer is unwilling to do one offs at different sizes! So I'm going to go to side profile 2 with you guys.

So question 1 is whether there's any way to attach the front panel with concealed fastenings, rather than bolts through the whole front panel.

Question 2 is whether there's any way to specify more of a heatsink style side profile for the case. Which isn't just for looks, actually, the components I'm using will be throwing off a lot of heat and I'd rather avoid needing to put a fan in the case...

While I'm about it, Question 3 would be whether I can specify side profiles in different color anodized aluminum, or whether they have always to be natural.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Posted By: Magnus Blair on May 06, 2011 09:20PM Category: Production

Hello Magnus,

Thank you for contacting us with your questions.

You can indeed attach a front panel without seeing the fasteners.

What you would need to do is to create a completely flush 2.5mm thick front panel, then create a thicker (6.0mm or thicker) second front panel. Place a cavity on the back side of this thick panel that is just slightly larger than the smaller front panel. Use blind holes on the back of this thick panel, then mount the two panels together from the inside of the enclosure.

We do have a sample here of a panel inset within a panel, and I can e-mail you pictures if that would be helpful.

As far as heatsinks go, there are heatsink profiles available with integral mounting holes, though the offerings are diverse enough that special ordering is recommended.

Regarding color choices, our extrusions come in natural anodized or black anodized finishes. We are also available to drop ship these extrusions to your choice of anodizer to have them refinished to a color of your liking.

Also, for now, we are not offering powder coated extrusions.

If we can be of any additional assistance, please let us know.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on May 07, 2011 01:52AM

Thanks Paul for your prompt reply. Genius suggestion; should probably have thought of that! I have just placed an order with you for something designed along precisely those lines (Order #126590). Think I got everything right, but would love it if maybe you could check it to make sure before the CNC mill gets milling.

Many thanks,

Posted By: Magnus Blair on May 10, 2011 04:44AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+