Support Forum

Archiv:

• Registration marks on customer supplied panel

For a customer supplied panel, what is the preferred method of including some sort of registration mark on the designed panel to aid in checking the layout?

For example, I have a panel that already has screw holes. I'd like to include these in the panel layout so that when the page is printed I can use that to align the printout with the panel to make sure things are lining up. But this is not a set of holes to be drilled when the panel is fab'd by you.

Posted By: Ron Wagner on May 14, 2011 01:59AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Ron,

Thank you for contacting us regarding customer provided material.

The preferred method of marking the origin is to use blue painters tape to indicate the corner that aligns with the origin on your drawings, then also to write the file name on that blue piece of tape to avoid confusion.

As far as the screw holes go, it is better to remove those holes before submitting your order, as the price for milling them will be included in the design, and we will end up contacting you and placing your order on hold because of the duplicate elements.

If we can provide any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on May 16, 2011 11:42PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+