New to FPD - Help with 1U Design
Im in the middle of trying to design a 1u front panel - just cant get it right though! would anyone be kind enough to lend a hand?
I just would like a 1u panel with 4 holes to mount into a rack with 2 16in horizontal cutouts in the middle?
I would like mimic this panel:
Posted By: Jesse Le on Sep 28, 2011 07:48PM Category: Front Panel Designer
Thank you for contacting us regarding your project.
I will cover the three processes necessary to fulfill your request.
Getting a 1U blank:
1. Open the software and click the button in the upper left corner that looks like a page with a blue plus.
2. Select a thickness for your panel.
3. In the box labeled Dimensions in 19" units, select 19" front panel from the drop down box.
4. Set U Height to 1U.
5. Click OK.
Adding Four Slots for Rack Mounting:
1. With your panel open, use Insert->System Holes.
2. Select the last option, 19" Front panel (Schroff)
3. Click OK
4. Delete the four round holes (they are for obsolete handles)
Placing Rectangular Cutouts:
This is covered reasonably well in one of our tutorials, available here: Front Panel Express Tutorials
If you need any additional assistance, we are available by phone at 1-800-FPE-9060, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Panel Express
Customer Service Manager
Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Sep 28, 2011 10:49PMReply