Support Forum

Archiv:

• Importing object positions into FPD

Hi

I have a custom panel, which contains countersunk drill holes, drawn in a CAD program which can export to DXF.

I can import the panel outline into FPD ok, using the "Free shape from DXF file" option when creating a new panel.

Is there a way of importing the panels drill hole positions into FPD, to enable the easy postioning of FPD drill hole objects?

Thanks

Posted By: Pete Swadling on Nov 11, 2011 03:13AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Pete,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Front Panel Designer.

Your question actually highlights a very important distinction between our software and DXF's.

In most DXF files, countersunk holes are represented by two concentric circles and usually accompanied by a note describing the hole in better detail.

In our software, all the aspects of the countersunk hole are precisely defined either by a drop down menu or by your custom specifications. Pulling this information out of a DXF is often impossible or at least very impractical.

What I would recommend is to get more familiar with our software, especially by using our tutorials:

Tutorials

With a little practice, using our software ends up being quite a bit quicker than most CAD packages.

If this is not of interest, we can also convert your DXF into our software for you for a nominal service fee due when you order your panel.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service Manager

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Nov 11, 2011 06:38PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+