Support Forum

Archiv:

• HPGL engraving inside a cavity

I was wondering if it is possible to have an engraving inside a cavity. When I do this in FPD the engraving is no longer visible but still there so will it still engrave?

Posted By: Shawn Hedrick on Jan 16, 2012 10:51PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry.

It is possible to engrave in a cavity with some programming modifications, but the crispness attained by engraving through the anodized layer (which is quite hard) is lost, so the results will not be comparable to the same engravings cut through the anodized surface.

One alternative to get around this would be to engrave the cavity a little deeper, then have an anodized panel milled to drop into the cavity.

For a small fee, we have also created custom HPGL's that mill a cavity around the shapes of the desired text, resulting in an embossed look. This restricts your letter color to the color of the panel, but the finished look is outstanding.

If we can provide any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service Manager

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Jan 16, 2012 11:32PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me and the quick response. :)

Posted By: Shawn Hedrick on Jan 17, 2012 01:32AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+