Support Forum

Archiv:

• 2-Way Radio Mounting Options

I looked at the enclosure manual; but I'm still not 100% sure what I need to do to make this work.

See the attached image.

What I'm trying to do.. is make a face plate with a rectangle cutout that a CB radio will slide into. The radio has two holes/screws.. one on each side, midway down to secure it to the mounting bracket. Basically I need to make a piece that will attach at a 90 degree angle at the edge of the rectangle cutout on each side of where the radio will mount, to give me a place to put the screw (again, see image attached).

What all do I need to do in the front panel designer to make this work? Just put a blind hole near the cutout? What about hardware, and the actual bracket? Assume it would need to be a bent,or welded L type bracket with a hole to mount?

Posted By: Travis Howle on Feb 20, 2012 03:15PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Travis,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inquiry.

In order to meet your needs, you will need to consider your design as three separate panels.

The first panel will be the part you have drawn in red, simply a rectangle with a rectangular cutout for your CB radio.

The other two parts will be the black pieces, which are the mounting flanges for the radio.

To attach the two together, you could use the housing brackets depicted on page 12 of the enclosure manual. These will need to be 6.5mm away from the edge of each black panel that mates to the red panel, then 6.5mm + the thickness of the black panels away from the edges of the rectangular cutout on the red panel.

Feel free to e-mail us your designs if you would like any aspects of them double checked.

Kindest Regards,

Paul

Paul Birkeland

Customer Service Manager

Front Panel Express

Posted By: Paul Birkeland on Feb 20, 2012 09:15PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+