Support Forum

Archiv:

• Outside corners not showing

I typed in the outside corner radii, yet they did not stay in the entry boxes nor did they appear on the screen.

I loaded a design from two years ago and the corners show on it.

The previous design used 1.5mm anodized (which I see is no longer available).

I have searched help and the forum yet cannot find an answer.

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Posted By: Kenneth Saylor on Jul 30, 2012 04:14PM Category: Front Panel Designer

I don't know why this is happening. It shouldn't because we didn't make any changes related to corner radii. Also, 1.5mm anodized is still available.

Can you please send us both fpd files to info@frontpanelexpress.com, the old and the new file? I would like to have a look and find out what went wrong. Do you run Front Panel Designer on Windows? If not please let me know what exe file you downloaded. This should narrow it down for me.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and will get back to you as soon as I can have a look at the files.

Thank you,

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jul 30, 2012 04:46PM

I was able to duplicate this problem. What happens to me is I can select the value that is in the box, and then type in a new value such as .25, but when I leave this box and select something else it reverts back to whatever value was in there originally. there are two different work-arounds for this problem. First one is to type 0.25 instead of just .25. The other is to place the cursor at the far right decimal place and back space over what is there and enter a new value. Both fixes seem to work fine.

this problem seems to be consistently present in pretty much all the places you can change a value (i.e.; X and Y position, ect.)

I am running the Linux version of Front Panel Designer, so I don't know if this is the same in either the Windows or Mac versions.

Posted By: Michael St. Pierre on Jul 31, 2012 12:38AM

Thank you for your detailed error report. I was able to duplicate the problem with the Windows version.

The reason is the missing zero when you type .25. The code of Front Panel Designer comes from Europe and it is not common over there to skip the zero, it is always 0.25. I already reported this to our IT department and it should be fixed with the next version.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 02, 2012 09:46PM

I'm glad that this will get addressed. I remember it really gave me problems when I was first using the program. But now I've gotten pretty used to it (I'll just have unlearn what I do automatically now). It will of course be good to have this work correctly for any new users of the program, and it will speed things up for me as well.

Thanks for listening.

Edit: BTW, the bug is more then just leaving out the zero preceding the decimal point. Here's something to try...

Select an item such as an existing hole in the panel,then press "M", and with the mouse highlight a single digit in either the "X" or the "Y". Now enter a new number other then zero and select "OK". 10 times out of 10, that number will be changed to zero, instead of what you entered.

Posted By: Michael St. Pierre on Aug 09, 2012 07:32AM

Hmm, I was not able to duplicate the "mouse-highlight issue" on Windows. I will add it to my bug report and let our IT people try it on Linux.

Thank you again for pointing this out.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 11, 2012 01:14AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+