Support Forum

Archiv:

• graphics on top of each other

hi, i have a black panel...and i would like to write black text on top of a white box on the panel.

ive made a white box. and the black text. but how do i choose which is going to be printed on top of the other? ie. so how do i choose which goes to the forefront ..where is the "foreground"..."background" setting for the box and text. At the moment i am unable to bring the text to the front. i would not want the panel to come back and there be a blank white box there wit the text hidden underneath

many thanks,

Blackout

Posted By: Black Out on Aug 18, 2012 05:59PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Graphics in Front Panel Designer work a little different than in other design software.

You can't define layers since the images are not printed. All engravings are on the same layer and you would need to isolate the text from the background with a lip. This ensures that the infill paint of each area doesn't run into an other.

Our logo is a good example for it. Click here to have a look. The letters are embossed and show the aluminum color. Only the background is engraved and infilled with paint.

The last image on this page shows white infilled letters (the word Danger) on a red background. The associated hpgl design includes a lip between the red and white infill area.

More info about hpgl design can be found here.

Please let me know if you need help with your design. We offer a hpgl design service.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Aug 20, 2012 07:58PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+