Support Forum

Archiv:

• Panel Help

Hello,

I am designing a large panel which is compromised of 2 panels joined together in the middle. I have the entire left half done with all the cut outs done. Some are over the edge and must match perfectly with the other half. Is it possible to mirror the entire left panel to make the right half so it matches up perfectly with left half? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted By: Rob A on Nov 24, 2012 04:01PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hi Rob,

That must be a large design because our machines can handle 1170 x 870mm.

Front Panel Designer has a mirroring function. You can find it under 'Selection' in the toolbar. You can mirror horizontally or vertically. There are also a couple of options for the mirror axis. I like to mirror around 'Position of mirror axis.' Lets say you have the left side of your panel done and want to mirror it to the right. You want to place the origin of the panel on the right edge, select all the objects, choose mirror, select 'Position of mirror axis', enter '0' and check 'Apply to copy'. Now you can cut and paste the mirrored objects on a second panel.

However, all text will be mirrored too. You can fix that in the object properties (shft+crt+o). Just select all engravings and delete the minus in front of the x-scaling. Tip: make sure your text is aligned to center, otherwise it will take some time to mirror everything back.

I hope that is what you were looking for.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Nov 26, 2012 08:33AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+