Support Forum

Archiv:

• Construction Lines

I'm used to using construction lines as a way of lining up things so that they are straight. Is there a way to place construction lines?

If not, how do you set a hole or other object to exact coordinates?

Posted By: Dave VanHorn on Jan 23, 2013 06:45PM Category: Front Panel Designer

You can snap objects to the grid (you define the distance in 'settings') or you can enter the exact coordinates.

There are two ways to enter the coordinates. Easiest way is to activate the 'object property' window under 'view.' It will show you all parameters of the selected object.

The other option is to select an object and right-click for the move option or just press 'm' on your keyboard. This will bring up the 'move' dialog with absolute and relative coordinates.

The coordinates are related to the origin you set. The origin can be anywhere. The point of origin, or zero point, is marked on a front panel with a blue cross. In order to move this point, select the option 'set origin' in the 'view' menu, or press the 'n' key. There are several ways to move the origin:

- Click the mouse in the location that you would like to move the point of origin to

- Insert exact coordinates by pressing 'm' to bring up the 'move' menu

- Using the numeric 10-key pad, imagine the key pad as coordinates within your panel. By pressing 1, 3, 7 or 9, the point of origin will be placed in the corresponding corner. 2, 4, 6 and 8 will move the point of origin to the midpoint of the corresponding edge, while 5 will move it to the center of the panel.

Check out one of our tutorials. It shows how to position objects.

I hope that gives you some ideas how to work with Front Panel Designer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Jan 24, 2013 07:21PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+