Support Forum

Archiv:

• Adobe Illustrator Mac OSX export for FrontDesign

Hi All

I have a front view I made with Adobe Illustrator MAC OSX (CS5 15.1.0) and I would to import it for order to Front panel express, but it doesn't works or I don't know I do that.

I try to open my dxf or dwg with frontdesign but it told me this is not a front panel !! somebody tell me if this the good condition or if I make a mistake.

Hope to read you and have your help.

anodefr@free.fr

Sincerely

Anode

Posted By: Anodefr on Apr 27, 2013 06:28PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello Anode,

You can't open dxf files with Front Panel Designer but you can import such files.

The dxf import has two options. One is only for the contour of the front panel and the other for objects placed on the panel. One of our newsletters describes this more in detail. Newsletter

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Apr 29, 2013 11:30PM

Hi Diane and many thanks for your reply I appreciate.

I didn't see this import menu :(, I tried to import a Adobe Illustrator 19" front panel but I have any errors.

I will try to understand this errors.

Many thanks to you for your help.

Does Front panel can do a Front view with a Adobe Illustrator file ?

Hope to read you.

Sincerely.

Anode

Posted By: Anodefr on Apr 30, 2013 08:23PM

Hello Anode,

Unfortunately, Front Panel Designer can't read ai files but we can :)

Please don't get frustrated with the import. Our customer service team can help you to get started with your project and do the import for you. Just email your design to info@frontpanelexpress.com.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on May 03, 2013 01:16AM

Thanks Diane you are the best...

Sincerely.

Anode

Posted By: Anodefr on May 03, 2013 12:51PM

Hi,

I'll jump on this thread rather than starting a new one. I'm using FrontDesign for OSX for the first time. I have created a DXF file for a cutout in Illustrator CS5.1 and I get an error trying to import it into FrontDesign. The error is: "Unknown Error: DXF - Spline is non-rational & weighted, Result may have wrong shape." I have tried various settings during the export and import process and can't get it to work. I can send in the ai and dxf if that would be helpful? It's just one closed linear shape, nothing fancy.

Thanks,

Robert

Posted By: anaROBIK on Nov 23, 2013 09:15PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+