Aircraft Instrument Panel
I am attempting to create an instrument panel and would like to know the best way to create both a 3 1/8 and 2 1/4 instrument hole with the 4 screw holes in the proper locations. I don't see a macro shape or any example templates to use.
Posted By: jbwilliams on Sep 11, 2013 01:30PM Category: Front Panel Designer
We have a couple of similar objects in our macro object library but nothing with the dimensions you mentioned.
However, it is very easy to create it yourself. You can place the origin of the instrument panel on the center of the 3 1/8 hole and position the screw holes from there. Here is a simple how-to:
1. draw the 3 1/8 hole
2. click on 'origin' in the toolbar (snap toolbar opens)
3. click on 'based on reference point based on an object' in snap toolbar
4. click on center of 3 1/8 hole
5. click on 'insert drill hole' in toolbar
6. click on snap tool bar 'relative to the reference of an object' and click on center of 3 1/8 hole.
7. enter coordinates for the screw hole
8. enter diameter of hole (new dialog opens after step 7)
From there you can mirror around the center of the 3 1/8 hole or just repeat step 7 and 8. When you are done you can group the holes and create a macro object for your user library (Shift+m).
Posted By: DianeHaensel on Sep 12, 2013 11:11PMReply