Support Forum

Archiv:

• Bug in Macro Sidebar

Hi,

When trying to insert a Macro object (K) the reference panel pops up and the cursor goes into cross hair mode, but when you click into the panel, a small error message window pops up which reads:

----------------

Front Panel Designer Error

Please select the macro object you want to insert from the macro sidebar.

----------------

But there IS NO macro sidebar on the screen!

The Macro Sidebar cant be toggled on/off either.

The Macro Sidebar was broken using Version 4.14, and is now still broken using Version 4.31 of Front Panel Designer, MacOS-Intel.

(Note: The "Messages" and the "Object Properties" screens work perfectly, and I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30))

Please help soon, and

Thank you very much!

Posted By: joetee on Sep 15, 2013 02:23PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Thank you for your bug report. I submitted it to IT and will get back to you as soon as I hear back.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kind regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Sep 17, 2013 01:20AM

I found a Hardware solution to the Software bug that I described above:

I bought a new 13" Macbook Air, and now the Macro Sidebar of FPE opens and works correctly!!!

I think the reason that the Macro Sidebar now opens correctly is because of a higher available vertical size in the new laptop screen.

My older 13" Air had a 1280x800 LCD resolution, and there was not enough lines/height available for the (hard coded?) size of the Macro Sidebar to open into.

My newer 13" Air has a slightly taller vertical resolution of 1400x900 lines, and so now the Sidebar fits/works as it does on the Windows version.

This software bug may be simple to fix with a change of the default dimensions of the Macro Sidebar height.

(Also, the smaller 11" MacBooks with only 1366×768 screens would not be tall enough to display the Macro Sidebar either.)

Thanks again for the Mac Version FPE team!!!

Posted By: joetee on Nov 21, 2013 06:21PM

I found a Hardware solution to the Software bug that I described above:

I bought a new 13" Macbook Air, and now the Macro Sidebar of FPE opens and works correctly!!!

I think the reason that the Macro Sidebar now opens correctly is because of a higher available vertical size in the new laptop screen.

My older 13" Air had a 1280x800 LCD resolution, and there was not enough lines/height available for the (hard coded?) size of the Macro Sidebar to open into.

My newer 13" Air has a slightly taller vertical resolution of 1400x900 lines, and so now the Sidebar fits/works as it does on the Windows version.

This software bug may be simple to fix with a change of the default dimensions of the Macro Sidebar height.

(Also, the smaller 11" MacBooks with only 1366×768 screens would not be tall enough to display the Macro Sidebar either.)

Thanks again for the Mac Version FPE team!!!

Posted By: joetee on Nov 21, 2013 06:25PM

Thank you for the additional info on this bug. This should be now very simple to fix with the next update.

We appreciate your help for improving our software :)

Kind regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Nov 21, 2013 09:33PM

My Macro sidebar was working fine until
    today. I can not toggle the sidebar on and off. It is just GONE !! Mac 10.6.8 front panel software 4.51

Posted By: gary barnett on Aug 25, 2016 03:16AM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+