Support Forum

Archiv:

• Macro Object

This may be a stupid question but im trying to make a J1962 macro object. There is a small lip on the top of the connector. I am attempting to create two seperate rectangular cutouts and join them together to create the object. When I do this the two object group, however do not mould into one object. How do I go about joining two cutouts and mould them into one?

Posted By: endaloughman on Sep 16, 2013 10:46AM Category: Front Panel Designer

This is a very good question. You did everything as supposed to. The macro object will be milled as two rectangles with some "air milling".

The cleaner and more cost effective way is to create the cutout outline as a dxf file and import it into Front Panel Designer.

However, if the "air milling" is reduced to a small distance it is most of the time not worth the effort to switch to a different program, draw the dxf, and import it.

The macro object is easier to design (with simple shapes) and most of the time only a few cents more expensive than a dxf import.

Click here for an example. The group (macro object) cost $1.23 + $.61 = $1.84 whereas the dxf-import object only cost $1.46.

I hope that explains the difference between macro object and dxf-import object.

Kind regards

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Sep 17, 2013 01:14AM

Thanks very much, explained perfectly.

Posted By: endaloughman on Sep 17, 2013 12:27PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+