Support Forum

Archiv:

• Grid Lines, Font Colors, Tools, Ect.

Hello, I have a few questions please.

1.When I create a new 19" 2U panel, it always lands on uneven grid lines. How can I get the grid lines to line up with the panel edges?

2.When I create a new panel, is it best to manually enter 19" x 3.5" or let the auto config do it?

3. Do you have some large bright examples of Bright White and Signal Gray? I'm having a hard time deciding which to use because I cant see the true detailed look. I don't want the letters too dim yet I don't want the panel to look like a bright black and white Oreo cookie either :)

4.I'm choosing the Euro 5 lettering and the .02 engraving tool and on my screen,it looks like the engraving lines will show in the lettering. I want it to look solid with no lines, if I choose another font or tool, I loose the look i want. Is this the case for the actual finished results? Thanks so much!

Posted By: Shadow on Sep 28, 2013 08:33PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

1.When I create a new 19" 2U panel, it always lands on uneven grid lines. How can I get the grid lines to line up with the panel edges?

You can find the grid setting under 'Edit' -> 'Setting'

There you can choose if you would like to align on the grid and the distances in X and Y.

2.When I create a new panel, is it best to manually enter 19" x 3.5" or let the auto config do it?

The auto config is just there to save you time. You can always overwrite those dimensions. Basically, whatever you prefer.

3. Do you have some large bright examples of Bright White and Signal Gray? I'm having a hard time deciding which to use because I cant see the true detailed look. I don't want the letters too dim yet I don't want the panel to look like a bright black and white Oreo cookie either

I wouldn't want that either :). We can send you samples. Please provide your address to our customer service at info@frontpanelexpress.com or (206) 768-0602. And thank you for indirectly pointing out that our website examples need to be updated. The images don't include gray.

4.I'm choosing the Euro 5 lettering and the .02 engraving tool and on my screen,it looks like the engraving lines will show in the lettering. I want it to look solid with no lines, if I choose another font or tool, I loose the look i want. Is this the case for the actual finished results?

If you see lines showing through you have to choose the next available tool size. If you don't, we do to make sure the engravings are solid. All files actually get looked at and "cleaned up" if necessary. However, we contact you in case we have to alter your design.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Oct 01, 2013 12:38AM

Hi Dianne, Thanks for the info. I did email to ask for samples like you said :wink: About the engraving tool, Some of the lines visible are only visible when zoomed in. if I choose the next size up, it significantly alters the font on at least what I can see on my screen. Does it do that in reality? Thanks

Posted By: Shadow on Oct 02, 2013 02:34AM

Easiest way to answer that is to see what font and size of engraving you have in mind. It depends a little on your monitor setting so I would like to see myself.

You can send me your file or just tell me what font you would like to use and what engraving size you selected. Based on this information I can tell you what tool size you should use.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Oct 02, 2013 07:39PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+