Support Forum

Archiv:

• DXF File Question

I have a dxf file that contains all cutouts that I require. When I import the dxf file, it only sees the exterior shape, and not any of the cutouts. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted By: kinterke on Oct 29, 2013 03:36PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Front Panel Designer differentiates between exterior and interior shapes. This allows you to import something quickly and position it independently.

However, a completed design from a different software requires a two step dxf import. One for the exterior and the other for everything else.

The exterior import can be done in 'Front Panel Properties' by selecting 'free shape from dxf file' in basic shape. Once you have completed the panel shape the cutouts can be imported ('insert free contour' in the tool bar.) You can split your cutout import by right-clicking on it. This gives 'split free contour' and allows you to select tools individually.

Have a look at one of our older newsletters

Please let me know if you need any support with your project. This can be a little confusing when you import a dxf the first time. We are more than happy to help you with the conversion into our software.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Oct 29, 2013 06:40PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+