Support Forum

Archiv:

• curved cavity

Simple question, is this possible? I actually need a cavity with a hole inside the cavity, of basically the same size as the cavity, just slightly smaller. Essentially, similar to the edge machinnig, but if there was a "0 degree" option for the bevel.

Posted By: capricornone on Nov 14, 2013 12:41AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Do you mean something similar to a counterbore? You can select this with 'manual sinking parameters' in the drill hole properties. The cone angle would be 180 degrees in this case.

You can also stack objects on top of each other, e.g. a drill hole on top of a cavity.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Nov 14, 2013 01:38AM

You've got the right idea, but what I need to draw is an arc, or curved slot. Essentially, if there was an option for curved cavity, I would make a curved cavity, then a slightly smaller curved slot in the center of the cavity. Make sense?

Posted By: capricornone on Nov 14, 2013 01:47AM

Ah, just saw that I can do cavities using the free contour dxf import, I guess that's probably the best way for me to do this.

Posted By: capricornone on Nov 14, 2013 07:56PM

You figured it out yourself :)

The dxf import allows you to import any shape and have it cut as cavity or all the way through.

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Nov 14, 2013 10:01PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+