Support Forum

Archiv:

• Text eng. within shape eng.

Hello! Is there a way to put a no-fill text engraving within a black-filled shape engraving? If so, is there a preferred/best way to go about it?

Similar to the 'OUT A' in the lower left corner.

Thanks! -j goulds

Posted By: superfine-mod on Feb 10, 2014 10:35PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

You can do this with an hpgl import. The letters 'OUT A' need to be embossed (original panel surface) whereas the rectangle around them are engraved and infilled with black paint.

Check out our logo on the this sample panel. Click on the logo and change the scale to 100%. This will show you the engraving lines more in detail and how we worked around the letters.

I hope this explains it. Let me know if you need help to create the hpgl file. An easier and also good looking alternative would be an engraved rectangle around the text with a bigger line.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Feb 14, 2014 06:00PM

Thanks for the reply.

My only means of making a .plt file is Adobe Illustrator; but for all my effort, I can't figure out how to use AI for hpgl without paying for a converter.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'text with a bigger line.' When I place text within an engraved rectangle, the text doesn't show.

Thanks for taking the time to help; I'm sure you've answered these same questions many times.

Thanks! -j

Posted By: superfine-mod on Feb 14, 2014 06:08PM

Hello,

You can do this with an hpgl import. The letters 'OUT A' need to be embossed (original panel surface) whereas the rectangle around them are engraved and infilled with black paint.

Check out our logo on the this sample panel. Click on the logo and change the scale to 100%. This will show you the engraving lines more in detail and how we worked around the letters.

I hope this explains it. Let me know if you need help to create the hpgl file. An easier and also good looking alternative would be an engraved rectangle around the text with a bigger line.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Feb 14, 2014 07:15PM

I use Corel Draw and can't say much about Adobe Illustrator. The file you would need to create has the extension plt.

We can also convert it for you. We charge $30 for vector graphic into engravable file for Front Panel Designer.

Here is an example of the alternative I mentioned.

The import of graphics into Front Panel Designer and the filling of it with engraving lines can be very challenging. I am happy to help with this complex step.

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Feb 14, 2014 07:43PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+