Support Forum

Archiv:

• Engraving Check Tool

What are the parameters that this tool checks (View/Engraving Check), please? I have a logo that shows OK when using the .2mm graver or .6mm cutter, but shows red if the .4mm graver is specified. Is red no-go, or just questionable? Couldn't find any insight in the FPD help files, apologies if I missed that.

Posted By: CharlieEscher on Feb 15, 2014 08:17PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

My apologies for the confusion. We never updated our help menu with 'engraving check.'

What it does is showing you the engraving width of the two engravers we offer in the tool selection. Those two tools (.2 and .4mm) are tapered, which makes a difference on the engraving width on the bottom of the engraving and the surface of the panel. The red line shows you the surface of the panel whereas the black line represents the bottom of the panel. If you don't see any white between the red lines your engraving will turn out fine. If there are white areas left your engraving won't be completely clear.

All the other tools (.6 and larger) can be used for engravings as well. Those are all cutters with a cylindrical shape.

But even if in doubt you can rely on our preview. All submitted Front Panel Designer files are looked at by our customer service. If your design wouldn't turn out right we contact you and make suggestions on the appropriate tool selection.

Best regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Feb 18, 2014 02:47AM

But even if in doubt you can rely on our preview. All submitted Front Panel Designer files are looked at by our customer service. If your design wouldn't turn out right we contact you and make suggestions on the appropriate tool selection.

Thanks for the clear explanation Diane. Your customer service has always been top notch, just figured I should avail myself of all the tools in FPD in the name of due diligence.

--Charlie

Posted By: CharlieEscher on Feb 18, 2014 08:49PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+