Support Forum

Archiv:

• Indexing switch positions

Im trying to create a front panel that has a hole in it 41mm in diameter for a switch to protrude through.

Im having trouble positioning the location dots for the switch which indexes 36 degrees each time.

Any sugestions on how to deal with it

thanks

Posted By: prussell on Feb 18, 2014 01:16PM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

Here is how I would do it:

- position the origin in the center of the 41mm hole (click on 'set origin' in the tool bar and select 'enter coordinates based on the reference point of an object' in the snap toolbar)

- design on of the dots along the diameter of the hole

- right click on the dot and choose 'rotate'

- set absolute coordinates to 0 in x and y, enter rotation angle and check 'apply action to copy'

The next step is easy. Crtl + R repeats your last action.

Here is a screenshot.

I hope that works for you.

Kind regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Feb 18, 2014 06:52PM

Diane

As this is a new program unfortunatly I need a bit more help.

Ive done position the origin in the centre of 41 mm hole by clicking on set origin in tool bar - that has worked as I have the circle with cross hairs in the middle of the 41mm hole. But I have no box as you are showing i can get the box to show by pressing Enter Co ordinates based on the ref point of an object then the enter the coordinates manually.

But then how do I design one of the dots the box stops me.

Regards

Pete

Posted By: prussell on Feb 22, 2014 04:10PM

Hello Pete,

Sorry I didn't explain the 'dot step' in detail.

Once you have the main drill hole and the origin in its center click on the little arrow of the 'insert engraving object' in the tool bar and choose 'ellipse'. I like to click somewhere close to where I want to place the object on the panel first and position it with X and Y to its exact position later. A window with the engraving properties will open. Here you can determine the size and color of the dot. Now you can fix X and Y with the help of the activated 'object properties' side box (find it under 'view'). Next step it to right click on the dot and the window to get the rotation window in my screenshot.

We also have a couple of tutorials on our YouTube channel. Find us here on YouTube.

We can also help you on the phone where you can get an immediate response and don't have to wait for me here on the forum ;-) +1(800)373-9060

Kind regards

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Feb 24, 2014 10:15PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+