Support Forum

Archiv:

• Category Tree is Corrupt

System: Mac OS Mavericks

FrontDesign 4.3.1

I am having a problem with Front Design 4.3.` on OSX mavericks. The Category Tree was corrupted when I was trying to make a macro from within FrontDesign.

Now I am unable to get past the startup screen; From Design shows a "Category Tree is corrupt" dialog. While there is an Okay button that is illuminated, the splash screen is frozen in front of it.

I have tried uninstalling by deleting the package contents and restart several times. And then installing 4.3.1 dmg. Unfortunately the condition is always the same.

Perhaps this means that I am missing a file in my simple uninstall approach.

I would appreciate some advice on how to delete all files associated with FrontDesign. So that I can do a clean install.

Posted By: jeremySCLM on Jul 21, 2014 08:00AM Category: Front Panel Designer

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, especially since you can't get the software back to work.

I will inform our IT department immediately and get back to you as soon as I hear back.

Thank you,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Jul 22, 2014 11:21PM

It seems the database of the user macro objects is damaged. The easiest way to delete it is through the terminal. Please open a terminal (found in Finder > Applications > Utilities) and enter this command and press return:

rm ~/.FrontDesign/UserMacros.fml

If you want to delete it with the finder you have to activate the display of hidden files. Here is a guide how to do it:

And please, could you send us the damaged file before you delete it? This would help us to find out why this happened in the first place. (email to info@frontpanelexpress.com)

Thank you very much for helping us improving Front Panel Designer. And again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Diane

Posted By: DianeHaensel on Jul 23, 2014 08:46PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+