Support Forum

Archiv:

• HPGL scale resolution

Hi, would it be possible to add one more digit to the HPGL resolution? Meaning, right now it will only do 48.8% or 75.1% instead of 48.85% or 75.12% etc... The extra resolution seems it would be easy to do and would save me a huge amount of time in fine tuning my engravings.

Posted By: John M on Apr 03, 2015 06:19PM Category: Whishes

Hello, I am not sure if an extra digit makes any difference to the engraving result. Would you mind emailing me your design to so that I can have a look?

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Apr 03, 2015 09:10PM

1 extra digit in the HPGL scale resolution would allow me to fine tune the size of the HPGL file to make it match the holes etc. When I export from my grpahics software to frontpanel, I often have to adjust the HPGL scale to make it the right size. I often find that I could use finer resolution i.e. 34.5% is too big 34.4% is too small... 34.55% would be just right...

Posted By: John M on Apr 03, 2015 09:19PM

I understand that it makes the positioning easier. However it won't be noticeable in the result of the engravings.
    Technically your hpgl size should be always 100% in Front Panel Designer and the fine tuning should be done with your graphic software. We were even discussing to remove the scaling option because it causes more confusion with the tool selection than it helps. I am more than happy to have a look at your design and make suggestions on how to position the hpgl.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Apr 03, 2015 09:40PM

Per frontpaneldesign instructions I'm enlarging the HPGL to then shrink down to "smooth" out the curves. The scaling down then needs fine tuning. To fit right. The initial size that I work with after being scaled down yields 25 thousandths steps at the current .1% resolution... which is certainly noticeable in alignment/size issues

Posted By: John M on Apr 03, 2015 09:51PM

I got your email with the file. Please give me a day or two to get back to you. Thank you and Happy Easter.

Posted By: Diane Haensel on Apr 03, 2015 10:36PM

Please enter your message:

* = required field

•   
  •   

Facebook Linked In Youtube Google+